Telecommunication-Telemedia-Assessment — who are we?
This GitHub organization is a team of researchers who are working on methods, tools, and solutions for the assessment of telecommunication and telemedia technology. Key aspect of our approach is to consider both the user and technical information (system parameters, signals) in the assessment of technology.
We are current or former members of two university chairs:
- Audiovisual Technology Group (AVT), Institute for Media Technology — TU Ilmenau, Germany
- Assessment of IP-based Applications (AIPA), Telekom Innovation Laboratories / TU Berlin, Germany
Collection of repositories
📹 Video Quality
ITU-T P.1203 Repositories: Collection of repositories for ITU-T P.1203 standard for HTTP Adaptive Streaming quality measurement.
Cencro: A center cropped variant of Netflix’s VMAF.: Cencro uses center croped videos to speedup full reference video quality calculation.
AVT-VQDB-UHD-1: A Large Scale Video Quality Database for UHD-1: This is a repository with data related to 4K databases published at IEEE-ISM 2019.
avrateNG: avrateNG is a video, image, and general multimedia rating system, based on a simple web interface.
SITI: A command-line-based tool for Windows to calculate spatial information (SI) and temporal information (TI) according to ITU-T P.910.
🖼 Image Quality
- Image Compression Evaluation: An evaluation of different video codecs to compress still images, there is also a dataset included.
👁️ Saliency Prediction
- GBVS360, BMS360, ProSal: Extending existing saliency prediction models from 2D to omnidirectional images.
👓 Virtual Reality
AVTrack360: This repository contains AVTrack360, a tool for recording the 3 rotation angles Pitch/Yaw/Roll around the 3 Axes X/Y/Z while a user is watching an omnidirectional video via an HMD. It also contains a dataset of the head rotation data and Simulator Sickness Questionnaire (SSQ) results of 48 participants watching 20 30s long different omnidirectional videos using the HTC Vive. Tools for evaluating the SSQ and head rotation data are also given.
Distance Differences Ives: This repository contains the Unity project of the paper with the title “Development and evaluation of a test setup to investigate distance differences in immersive virtual environments” published at QoMEX 2020
- CrowdWatcher: This project is the open-source eye tracking platform. It enables researchers to measure visual attention and user engagement in a crowdsourcing context through traditional RGB webcams.
Top 5- latest projects
Our list of projects constantly grows, that’s why this short list is not complete. For the latest projects, please check our official list of projects on GitHub.